Monday 30 July 2012

It's been a while ........


It's not that I've not been thinking about you Double M Double U,  I have. I've been wanting to tell you all about what I've been reading,listening to,eating,smelling,seeing,doing - all that stuff,but I've hit a glitch.I have a confession to make. Miss Double U, my 15 year old Daughter is an avid blogger, unlike me she's long in the tooth when it comes to the blogisphere world and knows her way round the internet. So, there's a few things I don't know how to do ,like down load pictures and show links to other pages - I know, sad isn't it - Miss Double U promises to show me and I've been holding back with my posts so that, with her help, I can get my ideas out there but here I am still clueless because schools out for Summer and she's "BUSY!".So i'll just have to soldier on and you'll hopefully be patient with me while I'm learning. That said , here's a couple of tunes I've had on replay recently. First up is an 'oldy' by Fleetwood Mac - "Landslide" - it gets me every time , Kleenex at the ready ! 
     Next up is the Jimmy Cliff track,"One More",from his new album "Rebirth",it's totally infectious and you can listen to the whole album on www.rollingstone.com/music/news/album-jimmy-cliff-rebirth
OK,I'm going to sound like a real fashion bitch here but......
Paloma Faith standing in the wings while Jimmy does his thing ,
WHAT THE FECK ARE YOU WEARING ?!!
Sorry!
Heard some good news today that Edwyn Collins is to release a new album "Understated" next January .He has been working with Richard  Hawley who co-wrote two of the songs with him . When asked on 6 Music what the Album was going to be like Collins replied "Northern Soul" - can't wait !
I feel much better now we've become reacquainted ,thats my listening section up to date,I think I'll give you some Summer reading lists next time.
Well I going to sashay away to this little gem from days of yore 
Till next time ...
MMW 

No comments:

Post a Comment