Sunday 13 May 2012

Dance first. Think later . It's the natural order Samuel Beckett .

I love Dance. I'd love to be the sort of person who just gets up on the dance floor when a song they love is being played, but instead, I do a kind of geriatric shuffle in my seat. The thing is, when I dance in public, my upper body and my lower body somehow become detached from one another, they move to different beats and they're not even the beats that are being played at the time,it's just awful! So, for now, I'll just sit back and admire you naturals out there! I did just that on Friday evening when I was lucky enough to go to Sadlers Wells with my husband and daughter to see the ballet 'Snow White' which was choreographed by the Frenchman Angelin Preljocaj.The biggest attraction for me was the fact that the costumes were designed by John Paul Gaultier.We were not disappointed, it was a beautiful visual feast, my daughter loved it and so did hubby who, miraculously, did not fall asleep once !  
Here's a couple of fun clips along the theme of letting go and just dancing. One of them is of a favourite blogger of mine, Garance Dore, in a Petit Bateau short film and the other is from the comedy series 'Everyone loves Raymond'
Hope you're having a wonderful weekend,


                     m.m.w 

No comments:

Post a Comment