Tuesday 29 May 2012

BirdDog

The other week end I watched one of my favorite old movies -'The Birds' by Alfred Hitchcock- with my daughter who hadn't seen it before. She loved Tippi Hedren's beautifully styled clothes by Edith Head and the scenic shots of Northern California.I love the fact that a news story from the Santa Cruz Sentinel in 1961 was used by Hitchcock as research for the film . The story goes that the town of Capitola,a place I know well,was attacked by Kamikaze seagulls  and the streets were covered with dead birds-sounds awful! It's thought that the birds must have eaten a nerve damaging toxin that was found in the anchovies and squid that  made up their natural diet , causing them brain damage.
     That said,there's something strange happening with the birds in our local park.A fellow dog walker I know made this film about a week ago-should I be afraid ?!!






                m.m.w

No comments:

Post a Comment