Sunday 23 September 2012

Erin Gra Mo Chroi [ Ireland of My Heart ]

About 4 weeks ago I woke up on a Sunday morning with great pangs of 'Irishness',it was like a thirst I needed to quench ,but how could I ? I couldn't just up-sticks and catch the ' Boat train ' like I used to in my younger days , no , the closest I could get was to tune in on RTE i-player and catch the latest 'Late Late Show' which is an institution of a program in Ireland , but I was a week too early , they were still on their Summer break . However , what I did discover and watch that morning transported me not only to Ireland but to a different era of my life -1987- it was a special edition of the L,L,S when Gay Byrne - the master of ceremonies  himself - used to host it and it was celebrating 25 years of the Dubliners , an amazing Irish folk band . There were plenty of special guests like Christy Moore , The Furey brothers , U2 and the Pogues - all of them looking so young - so I thought I'd give you all a little taste of my Irish medicine .


                   m.m.w

No comments:

Post a Comment